Summer Sisters – 17th-18th June 2017
Walters Arena, or as it is better known “Seven Sisters” is widely regarded at the best and most varied off-road site the UK has to offer. We book the entire site, all 1600 acres for our members exclusive use! It’s a fun weekend for the family with something for all types and ages of vehicles, from total newcomers to extreme off-roaders.
There really is something for everyone at this huge site:
- There are miles and miles of Greenlane style trails, with groups you can join in for a “bimble round” all weekend – ideal for those who are newcomers or have “shiny” vehicles
- We run a fun, informal photo “punch hunt” challenge, with groups of cards set out by our evil chief marshal – usually in groups of 5 cards, 2 or 3 are easily gotten, one is a bit harder and one is downright horrible!
- You can try your hand and test your nerves at rock crawling on the rock run or driving up the waterfall
- Of course there’s mud, water, trees, hills, valleys, ponds, rocks, waterfalls, bogs…. Plenty to keep you busy and get you dirty!
- We are now going even better:
- For Summer Sisters we are extending the Saturday opening to give you even more playing time
- For Seven Sisters we are doing night driving on the Saturday
Night Driving (September only)
For the September event we are running a night driving event on the Saturday night. We close the site a bit early on Saturday afternoon to allow everyone time to return to the camp site (or pub) for food, then head back to the site once the sun has set to give everyone the unique experience of off-roading in the dark!
To quote one happy member at our 2015 trial-run:
On the night run we drove all the tracks we did during daylight, but this time round we nearly pooped our pants!
The club camps at the nearby Dan Yr Ogof campsite, arrival from Friday afternoon onwards. The site has showers, toilets & washing facilities. Tent or caravan pitches available, electric hook-ups optional. Dogs on leads are permitted.
If you wish to camp at Dan Yr Ogof with us you must book in advance through the club.
Alternatively the following hotels are nearby:
Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance
For each ticket sold, at least £5 will go to the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance.
The Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance began operations on 1st July 2007. The Helicopter is based at Thruxton Airfield near Andover. Every day the Air Ambulance crew provide an efficient, prompt response to road traffic collisions, sporting accidents, collapses, and many other incidents throughout Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
and don’t forget….