Yes you can now book your tickets for our off-road weekend in Wales – please click here for full info & the booking link.
Due to the Jubilee bank holiday we have decided to move the June social back by 1 week to Thursday 9th to avoid clashing with other events & crowds in pubs.
We’ve also moved the July social back & made it the 2022 club AGM to give enough notice for people to put themselves forward for getting involved with the running of the club.
With COVID restrictions being lifted we are pleased to announce that we’re re-starting club socials, on the usual “first Thursday of the month”, starting with this very Thursday the 3rd of February.
We’re back at the usual pub (the King Rufus at Chandlers Ford) so please do pop on over and say hello!
2022 marks the 30th anniversary of the Shire Land Rover club, an amazing achievement, and we’d like to thank all the club’s members, committee, marshals, and other helpers past & present for their support.
The last couple of years have been something of a challenge, but dare we say things are looking up and we’ve got a lot planned for 2022 and beyond.
We also have a play day at Mannington coming up on the 30th of January – click here for more info.
We have club stands at Land Rover Legends at Thruxton, as well as Silverstone Classic, so if you’ve like to attend either of those please get in touch.
We are currently booking up more events for 2022 so watch this space.
Many thanks to everyone who spared 5 mins for our members survey – we had a big response – and are still accepting responses!
We’re now planning this year’s event schedule, our aim is to:
- Run a playday once a month (and vary locations more), with one of them being a winching and one a newbie event
- As well as Seven Sisters, do more weekend away-trips with a camping element
- Have club stands at motoring events such as Land Rover Legends
- Green laning events across a wider variety of locations so that everyone has a chance to attend
- Social meet-ups as things allow
Watch this space for updated details of the events through the year.
We’re pleased to announce dates for our off-road weekends in Wales for 2022, put these in your diary:
Summer Sisters – 25-26 June 2022
Seven Sisters – 24-25 September 2022
Online bookings for Summer Sisters 2022 will open shortly!
Yes, booking are now open for Seven Sisters – 25-26 September 2021!
Due to Coronavirus we will review current guidance before each event and update as appropriate. Please make sure you’re subscribed to our email list or on our Facebook group for updates.
It’s been a long time coming but finally we can see the light at the end of the tunnel – even if it’s a very dim Lucas headlight.
The observant among you may spot that we’ve got some dates in the calendar – not least our Summer & Seven Sisters events in Wales.
As you might expect, things can change as the situation changes but we’re hoping that, if all goes to plan, we can start to run events again in line with the government guidelines and roadmap.
We will be adding more events as we can, and sending out updates through our email list and Facebook group as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to seeing you all again very soon.
Due to a very busy couple of days we have had to close bookings for Seven Sisters.
Although the site is massive, we feel under the current circumstances that we could not run the event safely without limiting numbers.
Apologies to all who have missed out, we hope to see you at a future event and we are trying to get more events back into the calendar as things gradually return to normal.
A quick update to let you know what’s going on;
- We are extending all current memberships by 6 months, for free, back-dated to 1st of February.
- With regret, we have cancelled the Summer Sisters event. However, we are hopeful that we will be able to run the September Seven Sisters event in some form.
- We have cancelled the upcoming Mannington play-day.
- We are hoping to be able to start running green-lane days again soon, please check our facebook page or contact us for more info.
- We are looking into ways to safely re-start play days as soon as possible.
That’s it for now, as ever – please stay safe, and be excellent to each other.
Yes it’s the inevitable coronavirus update post – here’s what we’re doing:
- Listening to the official advice – if the government recommends not doing things like events or social gatherings, we won’t do them.
- Keeping an eye on things – the situation is changing daily at the moment so we’re reacting accordingly.
- Letting you know what’s going on – we aren’t clearing our calendar just yet but as it’s inevitable some events & gatherings will be cancelled or postponed we’ll update you here and on our facebook page as far ahead as we can.
For now, stay safe, wash your hands, and be excellent to one another.
Maybe use the time at home to fix that oil leak you’ve been meaning to get round to…